Tenant Portal

Tenant Portal

This is the place to find any information or documents that you may require throughout your tenancy.

Getting in Touch

LJ Hooker Oran Park is open for your convenience from Monday through to Friday between 9am to 5pm and Saturdays between 9am and 1pm. 

You may contact us using any of the following methods:

Reception Email: info@oranparkljh.com.au

Website: oranpark.ljhooker.com.au

Phone: 02 4623 1211

Our preferred method of contact is email.

All requests and enquiries should be submitted in writin either via email or on hard copy forms.

Email your Property Manager direct! Just go to our website and choose About Us and then Our Team and send an email from your property manager's profile


As you will appreciate, your Property Manager can some days spend a large portion of their working day away from the office.

If you wish to meet your Property Manager, it will be necessary to make an appointment at a convenient time.

This ensures you get the time your enquiry merits. Please either call our office or email your Property Manager direct to organise a time.

What is an emergency?

The law distinguishes between urgent (emergency) repairs and those which are not so urgent.

Urgent repairs are:

(a) a burst water service,
(b) an appliance, fitting or fixture that uses water or is used to supply water that is broken or not functioning properly, so that a substantial amount of water is wasted,
(c) a blocked or broken lavatory system, however if you have a second toilet that is functioning, please report this problem during business hours and use the second toilet
(d a serious roof leak,
(e) a gas leak,
(f) a dangerous electrical fault,
(g flooding or serious flood damage,
(h serious storm or fire damage,
(i) a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises,  Please contact your service provider first to establish if the breakdown is to the surrounding area.
(j) a failure or breakdown of any essential service on the residential premises for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering,
(k) any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or insecure

What to do if you have...

No power?

Please first...

  • Unplug all your appliances and then reset your safety switch in your meter box. Sometimes power goes out due to faulty appliances.
  • Check with YOUR CHOSEN ELECTRICITY PROVIDER to ascertain if there are any outages or work being carried out locally, which may be affecting your property.
  • Check with other tenants or neighbours to se if th prolem is isolated to your property.

No Water?

Please first...

  • Check with SYDNEY WATER on 13 14 50

No Gas?

Please first...

  • Check that your Pilot Light is on and burning.
  • Check that your appliance is turned on

Who to Contact in an Emergency - Outside Normal Business Hours

Please note that durng business hours you must contact our office on (02) 4623 1211 or please email your property manger.

LJ Hooker Oran Park uses a broad range of contractors and where possible we try to have local tradespoeple do our property maintenance.

If you find yourself with an emergency at your property outside normal business hours (Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm & Saturday 9am to 1pm), please try contacting any of the following contractors:

Electrical repairs: Tiger Electrical - 02 4605 0494
Plumbing repairs: New Era Plumbing - 0405 196 251
Storm and flood damage: SES - 132 500

However if you have an afterhours emergency and a tradesman does attend the property afterhours and the issue could have waited until the next working day, you may be responsible for the full or part account charged by the tradesman.

Notice to Vacate

There are generally two types of leases:

  • Fixed term - a fixed-term agreement is for a set of period of time, usually six  or 12 months. After a fixed-term lease expires, a tenant can sign a new fixederm lease or roll automtically onto a perodic lease.
  • Periodic lease - a tenant will usually roll over to a periodic lease when their fixed-term lease ends. In a periodic lease, the tenant does not sign a new agreement, but must still follow the rules set out in the original lease.
A breakdown of your options when vacating:

AT THE END of the Fixed Term

If you want to end your tenancy when the fixed term period of the agreement is due to run out, you will need to give at least 14 day's notice. This notice must be in writing or email an can be given up to and inclouding the last da of the fixed term.

AFTER the Fixed Term (Periodic Lease)

If you want to end your tenancy after the fixed term has ended (and you have not signed another agreement), you will need to give at least 21 days' notice. This notice can be given at any time and does not have to line up with rent payment cycle. You must pay the rent up to and including the day your notice ends and you vacate.

Vacating the Premises

On receipt of your written notice to vacate, we will endeavour to organise an appointment for the final inspection with you, wherever possible. If this is not possible, a final inspection will be carried out within two (2) working days of you returning your keys of the property to our office.

You will be required to provide us with your account details for the refund of your Bond. To ensure this goes as smoothly as possible, provide us with your account details at the same time you hand in your keys and vacate.

Vacating Notice - Tenant-Vacating-Notice
Vacating Cleaning Checklist - Vacate-Checklist

NSW Fair Trading Tenant Fact Sheets.

NSW Fair Trading


Call 13 32 20 (8:30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)

All fact sheets listed below can be accessed on the Fair Trading website.

Starting a tenancy, information for tenants

This is a collection of fact sheets for people who rent on topics related to starting a tenancy:

  • New tenant checklist
  • Tenancy databases
  • Discrimination when renting
  • Residential tenancy complaints

During a tenancy, information for tenants:

This is a collection of fact sheets for people who rent, on topics hat may arise during a tenancy:
  • Privacy when renting
  • Getting repairs done
  • Safety and security
  • Rent increases
  • Paying water charges
  • Falling behind with your rent
  • Asking to make an alteraton
  • Sharing a rented home
  • Domestic violence in a rented property
  • Mortgagee re-possession
  • Natural disasters
  • Pests and vermin
  • Residential tenancy complaints

Ending a tenancy, information for tenants

This is a collection of fact sheets for people who rent, on topics related to ending a tenancy

  • Breaking a lease early
  • Getting your bond back
  • Retrieving goods left behind
  • Residential tenancy complaints